If, at any point, you have the need to change the homepage of your internet browser (whether because of a malicious infection or just because you want to), here are the steps you can take to change the homepage of either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on Tools -> *Internet Options*
- Under the General tab, you should see a section for +Home Page+. Simply type in the web address you want as the homepage.
- You have the option to make your homepage blank by selecting *Use Blank*. You can also select the current internet page by selecting *Use Current*
- Click Apply and then Click *OK*
- Click on Tools -> *Options*
- Under the Main section, you will see a section called *Startup*
- Type in the web address want as the homepage
- You have the option to make your homepage blank by typing *about:blank*. You can also select the current internet page by selecting *Use Current Page*
- Click *OK*
-Click the wrench at the top-right, then Options.
-Click the basic tab, and in the middle where it says 'Use this page' you can type a homepage.
-You can also have the new tab page (recently used sites) or a blank page by typing about:blank.