By default, no photo is connected with a member's profile, just a blank silhouette. Many prefer to post an image with their profile, which may be a personal photo or other image. This image can be the same as your avatar or a different image.
- Step 1 - Locate the photo or image you want to use.
- Step 2 - Check the image size by right clicking on the image and then clicking on properties. Click on the detail tab for the pixel size. The maximum pixel size is 150 pixels by 150 pixels and no more than 50 kilobytes in size. While there is an image scaling routine, if the image is too large it will not load. It is best to resize separately.
- Step 3 - Resize using Paint (Image -> Stretch/Skew in XP), (Image -> Resize/Skew in Vista) (Resize in the upper left of the Home Ribbon in Windows 7)
- Step 4 - Once your image is saved, open up your browser and go to the PCW forums. Open your profile by either clicking on your current avatar or on the down arrow beside your name in the upper right of the forum window and then click on My Profile. In the upper right of your profile window, click on "Edit My Profile". In your profile edit window, on the left side, select "Change Photo".
- Step 5 - This window will show your current photo and under "Change Photo", select "Browse". Look in "My Pictures (XP) or Pictures (Vista/Win7)", or where ever your stored the image and scroll down to your desired image. Double-click on it, and the link to the photo should appear. Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page to have your new avatar visible to the PCW community.